President William Howard Taft motorized the White House in 1909 when he purchased a steam-powered White, two gasoline-powered Pierce-Arrows and a Baker Electric. Three years later, Taft replaced the 1909 Baker with this 1912 Victoria model for the First Lady's use. It remained in use until 1928, serving Helen Taft, Ellen Wilson, Edith Wilson, Florence Harding, and Grace Coolidge.
From the Collections of The Henry Ford.
Not on exhibit to the public.
Get more details in Digital Collections at: