This Confederate drum was captured after the Union victory at the battle of Missionary Ridge near Chattanooga, Tennessee in November 1863, probably by a member of the 38th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. This Civil War drum was taken to Wauseon, Ohio, where it was preserved as a trophy of war by the local GAR (Grand Army of the Republic), an organization of Union veterans.
From the Collections of The Henry Ford. Gift of the Jewell Family.
Not on exhibit to the public.
Get more details in Digital Collections at: