Inspire a Lightbulb Moment
Engaging Learners in America’s Traditions of Innovation, Ingenuity and Resourcefulness
Our unique, dynamic, multi-media digital curriculum is designed to help students build the skills they need to be the next 21st-century innovator or STEM practitioner. Join us in inspiring others to learn from America's traditions of ingenuity, resourcefulness and innovation to shape a better future.
Field Trips & Programs
Complement the topics you’re teaching with a field trip to The Henry Ford, where students will engage in immersive hands-on experiences in authentic real-world environments. Whether you are a professional educator, parent or a scout leader, you’ll inspire the next generation of thinkers and doers, workers and entrepreneurs as they develop 21st-century skills while having fun.
- Plan Your Trip Field Trips Bring your curriculum to life with a field trip to The Henry Ford. With 250 acres of hands-on learning experiences, you’ll introduce them to a world of big ideas and inspire them to discover their potential. Get started on planning today.
- Live History Camps & Activities Expose your child to an exciting, hands-on world of history, innovation, and discovery. The Henry Ford offers a well-rounded schedule for inquisitive and energetic kids.
- Inspiration & Fun Scouts & Youth Groups The Henry Ford offers programs to inspire a generation of girls and boys who are bold, informed, and confident enough to change the world around them.
Discover our deep database of curriculum-aligned resources for bringing that breathtaking “aha moment” to your students. Lesson plans, activities, worksheets–even scavenger hunts–all tied to specific learning objectives (and fun, too!).
Education at The Henry Ford
Innovative education is what inspires us at The Henry Ford, and we believe in inspiring education both in and outside of the classroom. Find out about professional development programs for educators and the many ways we work to further education in our community.
- Interactive Learning & Teaching Educator Professional Development The Henry Ford is committed to igniting a learning revolution by working with teachers to develop the skills and materials for engaging, interactive learning.
- Unique. Engaging. Effective. Henry Ford Academy A unique college prep experience on the campus of The Henry Ford surrounded by Ford Motor Company, the Henry Ford Academy is the first charter school of its kind.
- Education Inside & Out Henry Ford Learning Institute With its commitment to lifelong learning, HFLI extends learning beyond the classroom to create a community of curious, innovative learners.
- Youth Mentorship Program Community Commitment The Henry Ford works with a local school district to offer local teens meaningful experiences, skill development, and good role models so they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
Competitions & Events
We know the importance of recognizing the best–and the way we all can learn from those whose work shows daring, innovation, and creativity. Discover opportunities to inspire, recognize, and learn.
- Recognizing America's Most Innovative Teachers Teacher Innovator Awards The Henry Ford recognizes teachers who demonstrate ingenuity and resourcefulness, who approach teaching and learning creatively, and who are using the classroom to build 21st century skills.
- Inspired by Innovation Stories Past, Present, and Future Building Stories Contest The Henry Ford sponsors an annual creative writing contest for students in grade 3-12. Learn more about the contest, its rules and deadlines, and read stories from previous winners.
- An Opportunity to Learn More Educator Open House The Henry Ford offers a periodic Educator Open House to introduce teachers to the wide array of experiences, educational tools, and professional development opportunities available.