in Greenfield Village
Special Event at Greenfield Village®
- Time: 4:00 - 9:30 p.m. (Timed Entry)
What’s the most enchanting, nostalgic and thrilling Halloween adventure? It’s The Henry Ford’s Hallowe’en in Greenfield Village, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this season and has been delightfully reimagined to ensure every guest’s visit is safe, responsible and fun.
New in 2020, guests will be able to move through Greenfield Village at their own pace with no prescribed walking path, picking and choosing their own safe and spooky adventure.
Guests will also be the first to experience the brand-new Halloween train adventure on the Hallowe’en Express. This ghostly journey around Greenfield Village is a sight for haunted eyes of all ages. Because of anticipated high demand and increased safety procedures, Hallowe’en Express will require timed reservations made in advance.
As we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our guests and staff, we’ve made a handful of program modifications, including the elimination of trick-or-treating. In addition, dining packages like Fairy Tale Feast and Eagle Tavern Harvest Supper have been canceled.
We continue to be committed in creating a magical Hallowe’en experience for our members, friends and fans, and invite you to celebrate this exciting new chapter with us.
2020 Ticket Prices
|General Admission (12+)||$14.50||$17|
|Children (Under 2)||FREE||FREE|
Tickets & Reservations
Admission tickets to Hallowe'en in Greenfield Village are currently sold out; however, existing ticketholders are still able to reserve their free Hallowe'en Express tickets by contacting our Call Center at 313-982-6001.
Hallowe’en Express train tickets are free and reservations are required in advance to maintain social distancing. Reservations are offered by row with limited capacity; each row accommodates parties of up to six.
Because of the limited capacity and high demand, walk-up Hallowe’en Express tickets are not offered.
Our Reimagined Hallowe'en Experience
- NEW Hallowe’en Express train experience
- Illuminated jack-o’-lantern path
- More than 50 costumed characters like the Grim Reaper, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and more
- Dramatic vignettes from The Wizard of Oz, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Tell-Tale Heart and more
- Newly imagined storybook experiences from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Peter Pan
- Village-wide theming with special lighting and sound effects
- Fall treats, hot beverages and craft beer
DownloadsHallowe'en Program Map 2020
Hallowe'en Postcard 2020
Hallowe'en Sensory-Friendly Program Map 2020
Become a Member and Save
The best way to experience Hallowe’en is as a member of The Henry Ford. Save 15% on event admission, then use your membership for free admission to the museum and village all year long, plus free parking and other perks.
FAQsTo learn more about The Henry Ford’s general daytime operations, venue information and safety procedures, please click here.
Health + Safety:
These guidelines reflect the current regulations and recommendations of the State of Michigan and are subject to change according to any changes the state may announce before or after our venues open.
- Do I need to wear a face mask?
- Yes. All face masks (whether disposable or reusable) must be made with at least two layers of
breathable material, fully cover the nose and mouth and secure/extend under the chin, fit
snugly against the side of the face and be worn affixed by ties or straps around the head or
behind the ears. Anything other than a traditional face mask worn as described above will not
be accepted. *
- Halloween costumes will not be accepted as a substitution for a face mask.
- Modified rain gear, hats or masks with flexible clear coverings and/or homemade face shields will not be accepted as a substitution for a face mask. (Wearing face shields and face masks together is permitted.)
All members and guests age 2 and over are required to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces, as well as during the ticketing and admission process, and at any time social distancing cannot be maintained in Greenfield Village.
- Guests, including children, are also required to wear masks in close-quartered areas (designated as “Mask On” areas) in order to participate.
- The Hallowe’en Express (train experience) is a mask-on experience while in line and while riding the train for the duration of the experience.
- The Herschel-Spillman Carousel is also a mask-on experience while in line and while riding for the duration of the experience.
- The Village Playground will be open until sundown and is a mask preferred area. We highly encourage all guests to keep their masks on while in the Playground, however, if social distancing (6 ft or more) can be kept, guests may temporarily remove their face masks.
- While dining in our restaurants, please wear your mask until you are seated. Table layouts ensure social distancing is maintained.
*The Henry Ford is committed to accessibility for all guests and remains in compliance with the ADA in the use of face masks. If you or a member of your household has a medical condition or disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, reasonable accommodations will be made for you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your visit to receive more information.
- Do I need to maintain social distancing guidelines?
- Yes, all members and guests must abide by social distancing guidelines, keeping at least 6 feet
away from staff and other guests/parties.
Floor decals that determine spacing are placed throughout our venues to assist guests in areas where crowding or lines are expected. We ask that all guests abide by these spacing markers.
Please note that guests do not need to social distance within their own parties.
- What cleaning and sanitation efforts will be in place?
- An increased number of cleaning staff will be on-site to ensure that all surfaces, restrooms and restaurants are consistently disinfected. In addition, hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout each venue for guests to use.
- Is The Henry Ford implementing staff safety procedures?
- All staff members of The Henry Ford will be required to complete mandatory health screenings before arriving on-site for each shift. Staff who do not pass their health screening will not be permitted entry until they are declared fit to work by a licensed medical professional. For more information, view the THF Return-to-Work Guide for our full COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan.
- What modifications can I expect at Hallowe’en from previous years?
- To prioritize the health and safety of our guests and staff, we are making a handful of modifications to Hallowe’en, but we strongly believe that this reimagined event will continue to delight and frighten our guests.
Most notably, we are eliminating trick-or-treating and dining packages like Hallowe’en Fairy Tale Feast and Eagle Tavern Harvest Supper.
In addition, unlike past Hallowe’en events, guests will be able to move through Greenfield Village at their own pace with no prescribed walking path. This will allow all guests and staff to maintain social distancing.
- Will there be trick-or-treating at Hallowe’en?
- To maintain a safe experience for our guests and staff, trick-or-treating will not be held.
- Are guests able to wear costumes?
- Of course! Costumes are a fun way to celebrate the season; however, Halloween costumes will not be accepted as a substitution for a face mask. Swords, sharp instruments and other weapons, real or imagined, are not allowed.
- Will the carousel be open?
- Yes, the carousel will be open all evening and is free to all guests.
Capacities will be closely monitored and social distancing guidelines will be enforced
- Will the playground be open?
- Yes, the playground will open at 4:00 pm and close at dark.
Capacities will be closely monitored (including family groups, which will be limited to eight or fewer), and social distancing guidelines will be enforced. While this is not a "mask on" area, guests will be reminded and encouraged to stay with their own group or wear a mask if interacting with staff or other guests. Guests will also be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the playground area.
- Is there a time limit for my visit?
- There is no time limit for your visit. We encourage guests to take advantage of all Hallowe’en has to offer.
- Will restrooms be open?
- Yes, all Greenfield Village restrooms will be open to the public and cleaned regularly. Please note that guests may be required to wear face masks while using restrooms because of space constraints.
- Will on-site restaurants be open?
- A limited number of full-scale restaurants will be open, in addition to pop-up dining experiences:
A Taste of History: 4:00 pm-9:00 pm
A Taste of History will feature dinner and snack options with themed Halloween décor.
Frozen Custard Stand: 4:00 pm-9:00 pm
Frozen Custard Stand will feature festive fall snacks, including donuts, cookies, custard, cider floats, cocoa, beer and wine.
To ensure social distancing, dining packages like Eagle Tavern’s Harvest Supper and Fairy Tale Feast will not be offered.
- Will on-site retail stores be open?
- Yes, the Greenfield Village Store, Liberty Craftworks Store and Glow Shop will be open.
- Are wheelchairs available to rent?
- Yes, wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.