Last Modified August 31, 2015
- Visitors to its web sites, including www.thehenryford.org and all of its subdomains.
- The Henry Ford pages on Social media sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Yelp, Google Plus and the Google Cultural Institute).
- Physical cultural institutions (such as The Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, the Benson Ford Research Library, the Rouge Factory Tour, and its traveling exhibits) and all electronic communications (collectively, the “Site”).
Visitors to the Site and those who communicate electronically with The Henry Ford are referred to as “Visitors” or “you.”
- How you accept this Policy. You accept this Policy by visiting the Site or by otherwise providing us with anonymous and/or with personal information.
- Information we collect that is not personally-identifiable:
- We may use anonymous information and personal information in the aggregate for any lawful purpose, such as to improve the Site and the Visitor experience at the Site, to understand how the Site is used, to communicate with Visitors, to monitor the security and integrity of the Site, and to analyze our operations.
- We may also use data about:
- the device you used to access the Site or to transmit Information (such as hardware model, operating system version, browser, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number);
- log information (Internet Protocol address, browser type, system activity, hardware settings, browser settings and language, date and time of access, last URL visited, cookies, how you used the Site);
- if you enable features that are enabled for location detection, we may collect information about your actual location (such as GPS signals).
- What we collect about you that is personal (“PI”). We do not collect information that is personally identifiable unless you knowingly provide it to us. For example, we collect PI when you:
- Make a donation to support The Henry Ford (e.g., first name and surname, physical address, billing address and other credit card/purchasing processing information, email address, telephone number).
- Download educational content from the Site (in some circumstances, you may transmit such content to your email address).
- Use certain features at the Site, such as your curation of a personal online collection, sharing with friends or other colleagues content from the Site. (Although different features may generate different PI, such PI may include your email address and mobile telephone number).
- Purchase tickets online for an event or engage in other online transactions (e.g., name, shipping address, billing address and other credit card/purchasing processing information, email address, telephone number).
- Sign up to receive our newsletters, email communications, and feeds from blogs and social media, link to our social media platforms, and use our mobile app (e.g., addresses for email and other electronic communications, log-in information, social media account information).
- Participate in online activities, such as games, contests, surveys, classrooms, and chat. Information collected varies according to the activities and is clearly identified at the point of collection. Such Information may include name, address, birthdate, email address, and telephone number. For some activities, such as “Must Sees,” information is used to enable communication but is not stored.
- Communicate with us (e.g., name, address, email address). Please note that you should not send confidential or proprietary information to us via email, other electronic communication, or posted to a public platform.
- Join The Henry Ford as a member (e.g., first name and surname, physical address, billing address and other credit card/purchasing processing information, email address, telephone number, names and birthdates of family members if you purchase a family membership, date of birth, title, gender, user name, and password).
- How We Use PI.
- We use PI for the purposes for which you provide it to us (as stated above), to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, to send notifications about our policies, to personalize your experience at the Site, to personalize advertising and to communicate with you regarding events, activities, programs, and products from The Henry Ford. Your provision of PI constitutes “opting in” to receiving messages from The Henry Ford, to the extent laws applicable to you or The Henry Ford require such “opt in” mechanisms. You can opt out of receiving future emails and electronic communications.
- We may combine PI you have provided online with other information we obtain about you, such as through purchases in our stores, information that is publicly available, and information we received from our third-party vendors and others. We may disclose PI as required by law and/or in response to service of legal process, such as a court order, summons, subpoena, and the like.
- We do not sell your PI to third parties. Other than Agents, we do not share your PI with third parties. An “Agent” is any third party that collects or uses personal information under the instructions of, and solely for, The Henry Ford, or a third party to which The Henry Ford discloses personal information for use on The Henry Ford's behalf. Examples includes entities who assist us in credit card processing, membership, events, activities, marketing, technology support, management of social media platforms, and solicitation of donations. Agents shall comply with the privacy obligations stated in this Policy.
- We implement technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect Visitor PI against improper access, although no data security measures can be guaranteed.
- Your Control Over PI. If you have created an account with us, you may correct, update and delete your account. We may need to retain certain information for a period of time to ensure proper fulfillment of orders and compliance with law. You may change your choices for receipt of our print and electronic newsletters, promotions, and communications. Where applicable, you may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from third parties. Please note that deleting certain PI and changing your communications preferences may limit or prevent us from providing goods or services to you. If you have provided PI to us and wish to revoke our use of it, you will need to send us a written request (first class mail, email, or other reliable form of written communication) to delete or cease use of your PI. We are not required to alter or delete information stored for purposes of backup or disaster recovery. We will retain your PI information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- Credit Card Information. Your credit card information will be stored temporarily on a secured server and used only as needed to process your transaction. You may elect to keep your credit card information on file with us, in which case the information will be stored permanently until you request that we delete it, or until it is deleted by us as a part of our information security protocols.
- Information About Children. At the Site, we do not target the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. For special activities that may be of particular interest to children, some of whom may be under the age of 13, if we intend to collect personal information from children we (a) notify parents about our information practices and obtain consent from the parents, (b) specify the types of personal information we may collect, how we may use it, and with whom we may share that information, (c) collect no more information than necessary for the child’s participation in the activity, and (d) give parents control over the PI collected and/or the ability to request that the PI be changed or deleted
- Links to Other Websites. At the Site, we may provide links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites, including their privacy policies. Please review the privacy policies of such sites.
- Place of Business; Governing Law. The Site is delivered from, and the relationship created between you and The Henry Ford through this Policy, is deemed to take place in Dearborn Michigan USA. The Policy is entered into and performed in Dearborn (Wayne County), Michigan USA. The Policy does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over The Henry Ford, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Michigan. The terms of this Policy, including their validity and enforceability, is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Michigan, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Without limitation, The Henry Ford does not represent that its Policy complies with privacy laws outside the U.S., including the European Union Data Protection Directive, the Switzerland Data Protection Law, or the Canadian Privacy Law.
- Dispute Resolution. The parties shall attempt to resolve any disputes through good faith business negotiations or facilitative mediation in Ann Arbor, Michigan. All disputes or claims arising out of or relating to this Policy (including the alleged breach thereof) shall be settled by arbitration, to be conducted by a single arbitrator in Ann Arbor, Michigan, by and in accordance with the then effective commercial rules of the American Arbitration Association; provided that the arbitrator shall not have authority to issue injunctions. The costs of the arbitration and the reasonable attorneys’ fees of the prevailing party shall be included in any award rendered by the arbitrator. The proceedings shall be conducted only in the English language. Judgment upon the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Other legal proceedings, if any, shall be initiated and maintained in Wayne County, Michigan, or in the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division. The parties expressly submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of these courts and waive any objection on the grounds of personal jurisdiction, venue, or forum non conveniens.
- Severability. If any portion of this Policy is found to be unenforceable, such portion will be modified to reflect the intent of the parties set forth in such portion and only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. The remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
The Henry Ford
20900 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124-5029
313-982-6001 or 800-835-5237