Buick Automobile Emblem, 1915-1925

THF103887 / Buick Automobile Emblem, 1915-1925
01

Artifact Overview

Many early automobile company logos relied on the name of the company. The Buick Motor Company, founded in 1903, used this script "Buick" over a blue rectangle as a logo beginning around 1913. In the late 1930s the Buick family's shield-shaped coat-of-arms was used and it evolved into today's triple shield emblem.

Artifact Details

Artifact

Radiator emblem

Date Made

1915-1925

Creator Notes

Made for the Buick Motor Division of General Motors Corporation, Detroit, Michigan.

Location

at Henry Ford Museum in Driving America

Object ID

86.129.75

Credit

From the Collections of The Henry Ford.

Material

Brass (Alloy)
Enamel (Fused coating)

Technique

Cloisonne

Color

White (Color)
Blue
Bronze (Color)

Dimensions

Height: 1.375 in
Width: 1.875 in
Depth: 0.06 in

Inscriptions

On front: BUICK
Buick Automobile Emblem, 1915-1925