Eleanor Ford and Henry Ford II Viewing a Model of a Planned Annex to Henry Ford Hospital, February 1950
THF117571 / Eleanor Ford and Henry Ford II Viewing a Model of a Planned Annex to Henry Ford Hospital, February 1950
01
Artifact Overview
In 1915, Henry Ford funded a new hospital for Detroit. After his death in 1947, the Ford Foundation continued to support Henry Ford Hospital. In 1950, the foundation contributed $23 million to build a 17-story Diagnostic Clinic adjacent to the original hospital building. The new clinic's facilities included operating rooms, a laboratory, radiology equipment, and a larger library.
Artifact Details
Artifact
Photographic print
Date Made
1950
Subject Date
23 February 1950
Collection Title
Location
By Request in the Benson Ford Research Center
Object ID
84.1.1660.P.O.4843
Credit
From the Collections of The Henry Ford. Gift of Ford Motor Company.
Material
Paper (Fiber product)
Technique
Gelatin silver process
Color
Black-and-white (Colors)
Dimensions
Height: 8.125 in
Width: 10 in
Keywords |
|---|