Apollo: When We Went to the Moon
Exhibit at Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation®
- October 16, 2020
- Time: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Location: The Gallery by General Motors
Exclusive, Members-only opportunity
Join us for an exclusive, members-only preview of Apollo: When We Went to the Moon at Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
Launch yourself behind-the-scenes for man’s first steps on the moon, and find out how the space race inspired generations of Americans to reach for the stars. Apollo: When We Went to the Moon is an out-of-this-world glimpse into the cultural, technological and political context of the moon landing, touching down at Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation.
From astronomical engineering advancements to the hottest moments of the Cold War, over 100 objects and artifacts from the U.S. Space & Rocket Center show us an extraordinary transformation from competition to collaboration. Detailed scale models of the lunar rover and Sputnik, plus spacesuits — including the iconic Apollo bubble helmet — lunar maps, and a soviet training simulator blast you into the center of space exploration.
Take small steps on the moon’s surface and giant leaps through actual pieces of the Apollo 11 lunar module. Count down at the command module, take off from an immersive launch experience and defy gravity for a photo in the lunar rover.
For over fifty years, Apollo 11 has been a symbol of our desire to do something no one has ever done before. Suit up for the best of technology and exploration through the eyes of the engineers and the boots of the astronauts who continue to rocket us forward.
- Over 100 objects and artifacts from the archives of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Real pieces of the Apollo 11 lunar module, plus artifacts from subsequent Apollo missions
- Detailed scale models of the Apollo command module, the lunar rover and Sputnik
- Authentic uniforms, spacesuits, and lunar maps
- Soviet module training simulator
- Immersive launch experience
- Lunar rover photo opportunity
Not a member?Join today for an invitation to this special day of fun. Then use your membership for free admission to the museum and village all year, plus free parking and more.