Twilight Bike Ride
Gear up for an evening of cycling in Greenfield Village at this member-exclusive event. Trikes, fixies, cruisers and road bikes are welcome for a ride through 300 years of American history. Celebrate the boundary-breaking bicycle, an invention that drove the building of roads and development of city planning as much as the car. Henry Ford used bicycle technology in his 1896 Quadricycle, and even our high-flying heroes, the Wright brothers, started in the bike business. There’s no better way to experience transportation inspiration than a pedal-powered cruise through Greenfield Village.
For our smallest cyclists, we’ll provide a training wheels-only area near the iconic Herschell-Spillman Carousel and the Donald F. Kosch Village Playground, both of which will be operational and included as part of our event. All evening, a few special dining locations will be open to restore riders: Frozen Custard, Carousel Concessions and Sir John Bennett Sweet Shop.
Tickets are limited, so reserve your spot early.
One bike per person is required for entry to this event. Helmets are not required, but their use is strongly encouraged. Since not all riders will choose to wear a helmet, please remember to be careful and courteous around other cyclists, especially those using training wheels. Finally, please walk bikes through the village gate and past the train tracks before mounting up at the beginning of the route.
Not a member?Join today for your invitation to exclusive experiences like this. Use your membership for free admission to the museum and village, plus discounts on shopping and dining, valid 12 months starting the day you join.
2023 Ticket Price
FAQs for 2023 Program
To learn more about The Henry Ford’s general daytime operations, venue information and safety procedures, please click here.
All policies and procedures outlined on this page are subject to change before or after Twilight Bike Ride opens.
- What time will tickets go on sale?
Tickets will go on sale starting at 9 a.m. ET on July 12.
Members, we recommend testing your member login and password credentials before the start of the sale for the fastest and most convenient purchase process.
- Will on-site restaurants be open?
Several snack options will be open during your experience from 6-8:15 p.m.
- Carousel Concessions
- Frozen Custard
- Sir John Bennett Sweet Shop
- Will restrooms be open?
- Yes, all Greenfield Village restrooms will be open.
- Will on-site retail stores be open?
- Yes, the Greenfield Village Store will be open until 7 p.m. and Liberty Craftworks Store will be open until 8:30 p.m.
- Are any buildings or experiences open?
- The Herschell-Spillman Carousel and Donald F. Kosch Village Playground will be open for guests to enjoy as a part of this ticketed experience.
- Can I come to the event without a bike?
- One bike per person is required for entry to this event. Please walk bikes through the village gate and past the train tracks before mounting up at the beginning of the route.
- Are motorized bikes allowed?
- Nonmotorized bicycles and tricycles are the only bicycles allowed. Bicycle (child) trailers are also allowed. Motorized vehicles of any nature, E-bikes, scooters, skateboards, etc., are not allowed. With questions regarding accessibility and accommodation for this or any event at The Henry Ford, please contact our Call Center at 313.982.6001 in advance.
- Are helmets required?
- Helmets are not required, but their use is strongly encouraged. Since not all riders will choose to wear a helmet, please remember to be careful and courteous around other cyclists, especially those using training wheels.
- Will you have bike services on-site?
- To ensure you have a safe and smooth experience, Bike Dearborn will be located at The Lodge at Christie & Main’s patio in Greenfield Village throughout the event. They will offer complimentary services like saddle height adjustment, pumping up tires, quick brake adjustments, chain lube and flat tire repair. They also will have safe biking literature for kids and adults available. Please note: For the best flat tire repair experience, bring a spare tube that specifically fits your own bike. Tubes that are available on-site may not be the correct size for your bike.
- Is there a timed entry?
To provide the best experience as we welcome our members, we have four time slots available for selection when purchasing your tickets.
- 6:00 p.m.
- 6:15 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.
- 6:45 p.m.
- What is your rain policy?
- The Henry Ford does not provide refunds or exchanges on tickets once purchased. Programming will occur in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly as the programming occurs outdoors. Please check for updates on this page, on social media or by calling our Contact Center at 313.982.6001.