Salute to America
Special Event at Greenfield Village®
- June 30 - July 3, 2022
- Time: 5 -10 p.m. (Please note that Greenfield Village will close at 3 p.m. for general admission during all event days)
- Location: Greenfield Village
In partnership with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, The Henry Ford proudly presents Salute to America in Greenfield Village. In 2022, our Salute to America program features the most popular performance elements from previous years’ events.
New this summer, guests will begin their evening by walking through Greenfield Village at their own pace, listening to musical ensembles perform across the venue. At dusk, strolling elements will pause and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra will take center stage on the Village Green for a triumphant musical performance in celebration of Independence Day. The evening will end with a stirring “1812” Overture performance, cannon fire and a brilliant fireworks finale.
Join us and take in the unique atmosphere of Greenfield Village at night. Enjoy your favorite summer treat as you stroll and listen to performance groups across the village, each showcasing a diverse assembly of music from American history, including choral singing, ragtime, jazz and more. Grab a blanket, get comfortable and take a seat on the Village Green for a three-part grand finale, including a full Detroit Symphony Orchestra performance for the first time since 2019.
An exuberant collection of songs, food and fanfare connects families, friends and neighbors to honor the great American experiment. We invite you to a Fourth of July celebration unlike any other at Salute to America.
2022 Ticket Prices
Purchase your tickets before June 21 to receive Early Bird Pricing:
|General Admission (12+)||$32.25||$28.00||$38.00||$33.00|
*Special Youth Discount: Receive 50% off all youth tickets for Thursday, June 30, and Friday, July 1, with a paid adult ticket. The discount will be automatically applied when selecting your tickets during the purchase process. The discount will be applied to member, public and Early Bird/Non-Early Bird tickets, but please note that members will receive 50% off and not a double discount in addition to their regular member discount. Made possible by Bank of America.
Tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. ET on May 25 for members and June 1 for the public. For each on sale date, guests can enter the online ticketing queue at 8:30 a.m. for first access to tickets beginning 9 a.m.
Parking is $9 per vehicle for nonmembers, free for members.
Your Experience Includes:
- Grand stage performance by Detroit Symphony Orchestra at 8:30 p.m.
- Rotating performance groups, including brass, ragtime piano, blues, jazz and more
- Holiday theming and decade vignettes, featuring 1876 Centennial activities, 1976 Bicentennial picnic, 1950s lawncare, 1930s Depression-era and more
- Military fife and drum parade
- Summer street food, cold treats and craft beer
- “1812” Overture performance with cannon fire
- Celebratory fireworks finale
- FREE carousel rides
Summer Salute Dinner at The Lodge at Christie & Main
In 2022, we are offering a new buffet dining option featuring Fourth of July favorites like barbecued chicken breast, hot dogs, hamburgers and more.
Due to limited capacity and high demand, we recommend booking your dining package online in advance. Two seatings will be available during each program day.
Each ticket includes dining, taxes and Salute to America programming.Learn More
Become a Member and Save
The best way to experience Salute to America is as a member of The Henry Ford. Save 15% on event admission and gain access to an exclusive one-week member presale. Then use your membership for free admission to the museum and village all year long, plus free parking and other perks.
To learn more about The Henry Ford’s general daytime operations, venue information and safety procedures, please click here.
All policies and procedures outlined on this page are subject to change before or after Salute to America: Summer Stroll open.
- Do I need to wear a face mask?
Face masks are currently optional in Greenfield Village for guests but recommended in indoor spaces. Staff are required to wear face masks while indoors.
Please note that our health and safety protocols are subject to change as COVID-19 case counts fluctuate.
- What modifications can I expect from previous Salute to America events?
In 2022, we are combining the most popular performance elements from previous years’ events, including a grand stage performance by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra alongside strolling elements found in our 2021 program. This reimagined version is unique to Greenfield Village, highlighting our historic atmosphere alongside the grand symphony performance our guests have enjoyed for decades.
- Where will the grand stage orchestra performance take place?
New to 2022, the DSO’s grand stage orchestra performance will take place on the Village Green in front of Town Hall.
- How long is the grand stage orchestra performance?
- Approximately 90 minutes, with a short intermission.
- Where will the fireworks finale take place?
- Guests can remain seated on the Village Green to experience the fireworks finale.
- Will historic buildings be open?
- Historic buildings will not be open.
- Will historic rides be available?
- The Herschell-Spillman Carousel will be open during the event and free to all guests. Other historic rides will not be available during Salute to America.
- Will the carousel be open?
- Yes, the carousel will be open all evening and is free to all guests.
- Will the playground be open?
- Yes, the playground will open at 5 p.m. and close at sunset.
- Is there a time limit for my visit?
- There is no time limit for your visit. We encourage guests to take advantage of all that Salute to America has to offer.
- Can I bring personal seating?
- Yes, persondal seating such as compact folding chairs, lawn blankets and beach towels are welcome. Additionally, accessibility equipment such as personal electric scooters, wheelchairs and walkers are welcome. Limited unreserved seating will also be available around the village.
- Can I bring outside food or beverages?
- Outside food, beverages or coolers/picnic baskets are not permitted, but baby bottles, baby food and one individual water bottle per person are allowed. Concessions and restaurants will be open throughout Greenfield Village.
- Can I bring fireworks or sparklers?
- Outside fireworks, including sparklers, are not permitted.
- Will restrooms be open?
- Yes, all Greenfield Village restrooms will be open to the public.
- Will on-site restaurants be open?
The following dining experiences will be open, in addition to food trucks and street fair dining options, beginning at 5 p.m.:
- Will on-site retail stores be open?
- Yes, the Greenfield Village Store and Liberty Craftworks Store will be open as well as pop-up retail shops.
- Is there VIP parking?
- There is no VIP parking for this year’s event. Guests are welcome to park in the Greenfield Village or Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation lots.
- Are wheelchairs available to rent?
- Yes, wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Does The Henry Ford offer refunds or exchanges in the event of rain?
- The Henry Ford does not provide refunds or exchanges on tickets once purchased. All Salute to America programming will occur in all weather conditions. Please dress accordingly as much of the programming occurs outdoors. Please check for updates on this page, social media or by calling our Contact Center at 313.982.6001.
- Where can i find information about dietary needs and food allergy?
- The Henry Ford Culinary, Catering, and Food Service teams work very hard to ensure that there is a wide variety of seasonal food offerings for vegan, gluten-free and allergen-sensitive guests. We recommend the following restaurants during your visit, where our chefs can help answer questions and suggest appropriate menu options.
- Greenfield Village: A Taste of History
- Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation: Plum Market Kitchen
Please be aware that our facilities are not food allergen or gluten-free. Our food may contain or encounter common allergens, such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. While we take steps to minimize risk and safely handle the foods that contain potential allergens, please be advised that cross contamination may occur. For additional questions or information about food allergies and dietary needs during your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313.982.6001.
Summer Salute Dinner and Program
June 30-July 3, 2022 | 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 7-8 p.m.
A summer picnic buffet your whole family will love, in the best location in Greenfield Village — adjacent to the Village Green and carousel. Two service times, with open-table seating for up to 10 guests, gives the best flexibility for dining experience and program enjoyment.
Summer Salute Dinner and Program
June 30-July 3, 2022 | 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 7-8 p.m.