PNC Tinkering for Tots
September 10: Wood and Metal
This month we will continue the Engineering 101 materials theme by exploring the awesome innovations that are made when you combine wood and metal.
While exploring Greenfield Village, search for innovations that combine wood and metal.
- Susquehanna Plantation and Daggett Farmhouse – Porches and Parlors
- Explore the Susquehanna Plantation and the Daggett Farmhouse to learn how tinkerers used wood and metal to make work easier on the farm.
- Wright Home – Main Street
- Create a clothespin and popsicle stick plane using this take-home STEAM activity kit. (While supplies last)
Wright Home – Main Street - 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Join our storyteller for book readings that will inspire your Tinkering Tot. Today’s featured story is Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty, Illustrated by David Roberts.
Artifact of the Day this month
Wright Home – Main Street – Wilbur and Orville Wright lived and tinkering in this home while they developed their first successful powered airplane. Visit to learn more.
Future Themes inside The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation®:
October 8: Exploring Metal and Fabric
November 12: Exploring Wood and Fabric
December 10: Exploring Plastic and Metal
Ticket PricesParking is $6 per vehicle for nonmembers, free for members.
|General Admission (12-61)||Free||$28.00|
|Children (4 & Under)||Free||Free|
* Ticket prices are subject to change.